Login
I've forgotten my password
IMC

News

Some formal news will be posted here but much of the most up-to-date news and useful information can be found on our Facebook Page or our Twitter feed.

Articles per page: 10 | 50 | 100 | All
  • Looking ahead in 2021

    30th April 2021

    Alas, lockdown easing hasn't come quite soon enough for us to be able to organise the usual late-May Bank holiday trip to the Lakes. Doubtless everyone has a lot of catching-up to do after 12th June and over the summer.  Therefore the next IMC event will be planned for September, probably...

  • February trip cancelled

    4th January 2021

    It will come as no surprise that the Winter Mountaineering trip to Snowdonia will not take place in February. The reasons are, we hope, obvious and entirely Covid-related. Apart from the fact that restrictions are currently being tightened, the Scout Activity Centre at Yr Hafod also remains closed...

  • Remaining 2020 programme cancelled

    3rd August 2020

    2020 has been a disastrous year, not just for IMC events but also for hills and scouting activities in general: For the first time ever IMC were forced to cancel a trip in advance - our ever-popular winter trip to North Wales in February - because of the atrocious weather forecast. A very wise...

  • COVID 19 Update

    8th July 2020

    We are doing out best to stay on top of developments regarding the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions. The rules differ considerably between, England, Scotland and Wales and we also have to abide by the Scout Association advice, which is currently still Red in some areas. Whether the situation is...

  • COVID-19 Update

    14th April 2020

    Due to the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions the late May bank holiday trip will, inevitably not be taking place. Our next planned trip is in September which we hope, by then, will be able to go ahead. We will continue to monitor all advice on the situation and if the event is allowed to take place,...

  • The May trip and COVID-19

    16th March 2020

    We're obviously keeping a very close eye on what is a constantly changing situation and a decision about whether the May trip goes ahead will be made by Easter. That decision will be informed by the latest advice from the UK Government and the Scout Association. ...

  • Winter trip has been CANCELLED

    13th February 2020

    Email to applicants, 10.00 am, Thursday 13th February. The other group leaders have been very closely monitoring the weather forecast and ground conditions in Snowdonia and have reluctantly decided to CANCEL THE TRIP this weekend.  We've given it every chance but the forecast has...

  • Storm Dennis

    12th February 2020

    We're keeping a very close eye on the weather forecast for our trip to Wales this weekend.  It is possible that #StormDennis might force us to cancel unless things change substantially over the next few days. As the forecast stands, it will be impossible to get safely onto the hill and even...

  • Application for the February trip are now closed

    1st February 2020

    ...

  • February trip full

    1st January 2019

    In some sort of record for applications, the February trip to Snowdonia has been fully subscribed within 30 hours of applications opening!   Any further applications, received after 21.00 on 1st January will be put on the stand-by list in case of drop-outs. Anyone applying after this time...

Page 1 of 5